I've been a professional cook for many years. And for some reason, the idea of making a real live pumpkin into puree for a pie was always sooooo daunting. "Why not just buy the canned stuff?" my laziness would say to me, and I'd say, "You're right." My laziness and I get along REAL well. Anyway, I finally did it, and the pumpkin pie it created is well, truly a work of art. We will concentrate on the puree, since there are a million pumpkin pie recipes available (this is the one I made).
First, go pick a cute little pumpkin out of a cute little pumpkin patch.
Next, cut that baby in half, scoop out the seeds (roast them and feed them to the birds!) and grease it with some coconut oil. Put them cutside down on a parchment-lined pan and roast at 375 for 45 minutes, til it's easily pierced with a fork.
Take it out and let it cool slightly. One half at a time, peel off the skin and put the flesh in the food processor. Process til smooth, repeat with other side, and voila!
No comments:
Post a Comment